[va-richmond-general] Birds, the Birding Trail, ... and a new bird store

  • From: Larry R Lynch <birder6@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA-Richmond-General@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:17:06 -0400

Richmonders....

With the passing of the cold front, now is a great time to get out and
see what is migrating through. I hope someone is checking out Henricus
park, as well as the James River park system, and will let us know what
they are seeing.

The dedication ceremony of the Virginia Birding Trails was held this past
Friday at Sunset Beach on the Eastern Shore. Congratulations to the
Virginia Dept. of Game & Inland Fisheries for their excellent work in
putting the trails together and for the new booklet that they published
on the "Coastal Trails".  When you get a copy, I believe that you will
all be impressed too.

For those needing to stock up on bird supplies, I just heard about the
opening of a new bird store near the intersection of Rt. 360 and Rt. 288.
 "Bird Watchers Unlimited" opens this Saturday in the Commonwealth
Centre. It is two doors "left" of the Barnes & Noble store and is located
between "Accents Unlimited" and the "Hair Cuttery".  For those not
familiar with that area, the entrance to the Commonwealth Centre is
opposite the entrance to Brandermill on Rt. 360.

         Great birding to all....       Larry

Larry Lynch
Chesterfield County
birder6@xxxxxxxx