[va-richmond-general] Re: Bird's in the oven-birds in the yard

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Richmond Birds'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:02:38 -0500

You have "oven" followed by "bird" in the subject, suggesting ovenbirds to
me. Has anyone seen one around here? This URL shows an ovenbird.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~samcat/ovenbird.jpg .

If I were a turkey this Thanksgiving, I would hide out in the most desolate
woods I can.

We don't put ovenbirds in the oven, but we put turkeys there. Our turkey is
in the oven, now.

There are no birds in our yard in Chester, but that's because I hadn't fed
them. I will feed them now and see if we get any sapsuckers, cardinals,
juncos, or maybe even an ovenbird.

Jim Blowers

  _____