[va-richmond-general] Re: Birding Belize?

  • From: "Frances R. Perkins" <fperkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:45:06 -0500

Hi!  To Irene.  Our Church sent a mission to Belize last summer.  I queried
one of the members.  This is his reply:

Billy,
         While we were in Belize we went to the Crooked Tree Bird Sanctuary
which is
not far from the Altun Ha Mayan ruins. We were hoping to see some of the
large storks that are indigenous to that area. We did see a couple from a
distance but nothing up close. Only one of us knew anything about the birds
so I am afraid that the experience was lost on us. We did stay at the
preserve for Black Howler Monkeys and saw plenty of them. That was a great
experience.
Bob