[va-richmond-general] Bird activity in Powhatan 8/30/10

  • From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, betharri@xxxxxxxxxxx, Joeandpattyelton@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:19:39 -0400

I refilled the bird bath this afternoon and around 5 PM we had a flurry of
activity.  The bluebirds tried to monopolize it at first, then the Chipping
Sparrows joined in.  Finally, in short order, there was a female Baltimore
Oriole, a male Pine Warbler, and two female Summer Tanagers.  Just shows how
critical even a little water is in the hot weather.

Wendy Ealding
Powhatan County