[va-richmond-general] Re: Bird Treats - RBGR

  • From: Caroline Coe <carolinecoe816@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 07:18:56 -0400

Simply breathtaking Naseem! Your bird bath is a fav!!
And we did get to hear the grosbeak sing - he sang softly from the trees - not in full voice. It took us a bit to re-learn his song.
Great spring!!
Caroline

Sent from my iPad

On May 7, 2022, at 7:28 PM, Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Caroline:
We regularly get the beautiful Rose-breasted Grosbeak in our Bon Air yard in late April and early May and this year was no exception. Along with the looks the male has the voice to match. Some people describe its song as an American Robin with voice lessons. Unfortunately you have to go to its breeding ground to hear it live.
I wanted to share with you a remarkable infusion of special migrants that came to our yard on May 3rd. I have posted the pictures on eBirdhttps://ebird.org/checklist/S108880908

If you wish, please rate any of the pictures on the link above.
Naseem RezaNorth Chesterfield

I have had one maie RBG sporadically here this past week; last spring I had 3 males & one female visit for 2 weeks.  My new bird was an American redstart in the bird bath yesterday.  Patty
Get Outlook for iOS