[va-richmond-general] Bird Monitoring program at National Park Battlefields

  • From: Diane Jadlowski <djadski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "VA-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 14:49:16 -0500

Mid-Atlantic Network Inventory and Monitoring Program is seeking highly-skilled birders to join our Bird Monitoring Program. As a Bird Monitoring Volunteer, you will conduct point-counts at pre-selected sites within MIDN network parks. <http://science.nature.nps.gov/im/units/midn/MIDNParks.cfm> Surveys will be conducted at Appomattox Court House NHP <http://www.nps.gov/apco/>, Booker T. Washington NM <http://www.nps.gov/bowa/>, Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania NMP <http://www.nps.gov/frsp/>, Gettysburg NMP <http://www.nps.gov/gett/>, Petersburg NB <http://www.nps.gov/pete/>, Richmond NBP <http://www.nps.gov/rich/>, and Valley Forge NHP <http://www.nps.gov/vafo/>. By volunteering, you can integrate your birding hobby with scientific research, be part of a monitoring program that helps manage our parks for the enjoyment of future generations, and contribute to a regional initiative that will increase our understanding of the status of bird populations in our national parks. Training in May for equipment and paperwork. See for more information http://science.nature.nps.gov/im/units/midn/BirdVolunteer.cfm

Thanks
Diane Jadlowski
Richmond Audubon Society
Publicity Chair