[va-richmond-general] Bird Bonanza

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:37:07 -0400

We had a lot of birds of various sorts at our house yesterday, including
some species unusual to our back yard. In particular, it seems that
bluebirds are using our bluebird house. This is the first time I have ever
seen this happen. These are what I saw or heard:

Flicker 1

Red-bellied Woodpecker 1

Downy Woodpecker 1

White-Throated Sparrow (chipmunk bird) about 3

Dark-eyed Junco (slate-colored, snowbird) about 3

Robin 1

Bluebird 2

Cardinal 2

Yellow-rumped Warbler 1

House Finch about 6 (we are now getting an invasion of these birds)

Starling 4

Chickadee 1

Titmouse 1

Mourning Dove 3