[va-richmond-general] Re: Binocular help

  • From: Bob Perkins <rperkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:53:27 -0500

Judith,
     If you don't wear glasses, the new Pentax 8x32 DCF SP binocular
might be a good choice.  It will focus close enough to make viewing
butterflies easy and it does a good job on birds.  Its 17 mm of eye
relief is adequate even for those who wear glasses.  However, the
Pentax 8x43 DCF SP, with 22 mm of eye relief, will allow a person who
wears glasses to see the entire field of view.  I've had the older
8x42 DCF WP model since 1999 and I've been very pleased.

Bob