[va-richmond-general] Beidler Forest Audubon Santuary

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 20:44:21 -0400

John and I are just back from an Audubon Board meeting in Charleston, South Carolina. Part of the trip included a time at the Beidler Forest Audubon Sanctuary where 1500 year old cypress are the norm, Spanish moss hangs from the trees and the Prothonotary Warblers nest in the cypress knees. If you've never been there I'd definitely suggest you put it on your list!

And in the mean time I’d recommend that you visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcxspI_QWoY to experience the Bodacious Beidler Kneeknockers! a whole new twist on swamps and music and ..... well, it's pretty much unbelievable.!!!

Caroline & John Coe
Chesterfield County