[va-richmond-general] Backyard Birding

  • From: Amanda Sanford <ajsanford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 09:05:09 -0800 (PST)

My feeder was pretty busy yesterday morning with the light drizzle starting to
clear up. Saw 3 chickadees, two downy woodpeckers, a male and a female, two
tufted titmouses, some dark eyed juncos, a white breasted nuthatch, 4 finches,
a cardinal, a carolina wren and a brief appearance by what I believe was a
European starling. Attached are a couple of pictures I took of the woodpeckers,
the Carolina wren and the nuthatch. I was taking a picture of the nuthatch on
the suet feeder when another bird attacked it. It flew down to the deck and sat
very still for a long while. I couldn't determine if it was injured or just
stunned. It eventually flew off. The woodpeckers have been back this morning as
well.
(If I've gotten any identifications wrong on the pictures, feel free to email
me corrections!)
From Prince George -
Amanda