[va-richmond-general] Re: Ash-throated Flycatcher

  • From: Susan Heath <sheath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:47:58 -0500

Richmonders,

I'm trying to keep track of the length of stay for this flycatcher for the VARCOM record so I'd appreciate all reports of it (seen or not seen) so I can establish when it is gone. Seems it must like it there alot and be finding plenty of insects to eat!

Sue

Naseem Reza wrote:

Sue:

The Ash-throated Flycatcher is still in Richmond. It has moved from the path leading to the Floodwall to the Floodwall itself. I took a few pictures of it today, February 24, 2006, which are still in the camera. The flycatcher was feeding actively from its perch on the Floodwall railing.

Incidentally, the Rufous Hummingbird is also in Richmond. I saw her at Greg Coolidge's feeder on 2/23/06 and several times at my feeder, today, 2/24/06.

I will be glad to send you photos of either one or both birds if you are interested. I got a few shots of the hummer in the recent snow had.

Naseem Reza

--
Susan A. Heath
George Mason University

Secretary, Virginia Avian Records Committee
Keeper, Virginia Comp List at www.virginiabirding.org