[va-richmond-general] Ash-throated Flycatcher

  • From: John Caroline Coe <johncaroline@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 08:46:54 -0500

Greetings,

We located an Ash-throated Flycatcher during Richmond Audubon's James
River Bird Count yesterday (Sat. Jan. 7th).  Had good looks and some
photos. The bird, and perhaps two, were in the train yard just south of
the flood wall along the southern bank of the river.  Observation was
from the walkway along the floodwall, our first sighting was about 9am.
Entrance to the floodwall is from the Floodwall parking lot on Semmes
Avenue at the southern end of the Manchester Bridge.

John & Caroline Coe
Marsha Summerson