[va-richmond-general] Ashland eagles

  • From: "Bob Cole" <plmhp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 20:59:31 -0500

Late Sunday morning at the southern end of Ashland I observed 1 adult bald
eagle sitting in a tree and 2 other adults in the air above it and while I was
watching them  an immature flew in and circled. We watched them for 30 - 45
minutes.

Yesterday late morning we observed an adult eagle flying over the southern end
of Town. This sighting lasted about 5 minutes

And then late this afternoon we were in a swamp watching geese get up off of
the water and observed an immature eagle cruising above us. Not even a 5 minute
sighting.

The last 5 years around this time we have observed eagles on many occasions
both flying and sitting.

Linda Cole
Ashland, Va