[va-richmond-general] Ashland Trolley Line area 4/6-4/7

  • From: "Bob Cole" <plmhp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 11:47:24 -0400

We had 3 spring migrants show up in the last 2 days:
on 4/6 we saw the first common yellowthroat, a male
and this morning, 4/7, we had 2 male white-eyed vireos and a male pine warbler.
This is in addition to the usual list of suspects, wood ducks, Canada geese,
red-bellied woodpeckers, downy woodpeckers, a barred owl - in the same place 2
days in a row, bluebirds, cardinals, titmice, chickadees, etc.

On 4/5 we had 4 hermit thrushes in front of us at one time, that's the most
we've ever had in one spot.

Bob and Linda Cole