[va-richmond-general] Re: Article in Monday's T-D

  • From: "Margaret O'Bryan" <heron329@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lindamcbride@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 01:07:33 -0400

Thank you for posting this. Personally, I think this is totally appropriate to submit to the list serve.

Margaret O'Bryan

On May 8, 2012, at 12:34 AM, lindamcbride@xxxxxxxx wrote:

For those who did not see it, Monday's Business Section carried an article singing the praises of a relatively new service, Mosquito Squad, that fogs one's yard to kill mosquitoes. A general pesticide is used, which kills all insects, not just mosquitoes. Since about 96% of our songbirds feed their nestlings insects, this is one more way in which we are degrading our environment for birds and all animals. I have written a letter to the editor, which I hope may be published, to present the "environmentalist's" view of this unnecessary and potentially disastrous new "service." I have not posted before to the list serve, though have loved reading your updates, but bring this to your attention now because, I believe, it is a very critical issue. For those so inclined, please consider a letter to the editor or any other way you feel might be beneficial in raising awareness. I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate use of the list serve.

Linda McBride
Glen Allen

53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
consumerproducts.com