[va-richmond-general] Arrival date - Prothonotaries

  • From: Lewis Barnett <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:09:58 -0400

Last year, Julie K. played the prophet by insisting as we started out on an Audubon walk at Henricus on April 10 that that was the date the first Prothonotary Warblers arrive around here. She backed it up by finding one just beyond the boardwalk that day. So, here it is, April 10 again. Anybody seen any Prothonotaries?

None for me yet, but I was treated to a Northern Parula singing in my front yard this morning. He sounded a little rusty, but kept at it pretty steadily.

Lewis

--
Lewis Barnett -- Chair, Dept. of Math & CS, U. of Richmond, VA 23173
              -- lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx | lbarnett@xxxxxxx