[va-richmond-general] Animal fight in tree

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:10:15 -0500

When I went outside to check the house before I go to bed tonight (2008 Feb
29 23:55), I heard an awful screeching sound. They were high-pitched and
sounded sort of like squealing brakes, but higher pitched and more screechy.
I thought at first squirrels, but then I pointed a flashlight at the
animals, which were midway up the tree across the street. They gleamed back
with two bright large eyes. Anne came out to see what it was. She thought
they were owls, but I thought I saw a tail on one of them. I tried using
binoculars but I could only make out a general dark blob with bright eyes on
it.

I stood outside for a while and they did not move. I feel they were
opossums, rather than owls. Is that what you think?

Jim Blowers