[va-richmond-general] American Bittern at the Wetlands

  • From: Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arun Bose <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>, Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 19:40:07 -0400

Arun:

I looked for the American Bittern at the pools near the golf course
where you had seen it but to no avail. In the search process I found
several Green Herons with one of them high on a Sycamore tree. Also
found a shy Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

On the way back to my car on Landria Drive, I took a peek at the lake
from the blind closest to the river and after scanning the shoreline
found the Bittern (a life bird for me) on the opposite shore almost
under the blind that is to the right of the first blind you come to as
you enter the park. I walked over to this blind for a closer look but
was unable to locate the bird again.

Thanks for your help in locating the Bittern.

Naseem Reza