[va-richmond-general] Alka Seltzer Moment

  • From: <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:54:02 -0500

Earlier this month, Lou and I were at Robious Landing and were fortunate to see
an epic battle between fish and fowl. On the opposite bank (of course) of the
James, a female Double-crested Cormorant was making repeated attempts to
swallow a fish but the fish was large enough to fight back. Though our
binoculars we watched the struggle for at least 10 minutes and eventually, the
Cormorant prevailed.

My apologies for the grainy photo. If I ever win the lottery, I will get a lens
like Al Warfield's.

Naseem Reza