[va-richmond-general] Albino bird?

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audubon listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:01:50 -0400

We had what looked like an albino bird in the basswood tree near the seed
feeding setup at our house today. It had all white feathers - well not pure
white but a slight brownish-pinkish hue, and they all were the same color. The
bill was pink and legs/feet red- not bright red, just reddish. The bill looked
like some kind of finch, probably a House Finch or maybe even a junco. It was
kind of puffed-up looking like a very cold junco. The tail was short. It only
stayed about 2-3 minutes and then the resident house finches, etc. chased it
off. We have been keeping a eye out for it to show up again. Next time we'll
try to get a photo. It moved too fast this time.

Al & Linda Warfield