[va-richmond-general] ARP 5/4

  • From: "Adam D'Onofrio" <BIGADFROMLB@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Virginia Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Virginia Birds-Richmond <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sue D'Onofrio" <sued@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 10:16:24 -0400

I visited Appomattox Riverside Park this morning in Dinwiddie County.  I
was greeted first thing by a perched SWAINSON'S THRUSH singing loudly
near the parking lot.      Although I would've preferred to stay longer
than I was able to, I still had 14 species of warblers highlighted by
BLUE-WINGED WARBLER.  Also had BALTIMORE ORIOLE, SCARLET TANAGER,
several ACADIAN FLYCATCHERS and a female ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK.
Warbler species are noted below.  Good birding.

Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler