[va-richmond-general] 3 eagles, 2 owls and 1 hummer........

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:48:20 +0000 (UTC)

Not a bad day of birding...sans much sleep. Had 2 Saw Whet owls in the net in the wee hours of the morning in Powhatan as a great Saw Whet seasoncontinues. After a little sleep and a quick run to the store, I heard an eagle calling then looked up at Riverbend Shopping Ctr. in Chester and saw 3 adult Bald Eagles circling overhead, way, way, way up. Then back at the homestead was happy to see the little hummingbird first discovered in my garden yesterday still very active in the sage and feeders. The bird has been ID'd as an Adult Female Rufous. Very unexpected new yard bird.

Have a good week,

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester