[va-bird] two Great Horned owls

  • From: "outdoorjack" <outdoorjack@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:48:10 -0400

My neighbor called at 7:30 and said there were two Great Horned Owls hopping, flying and walking in their back yard, so and my daughter and I dashed over. There were indeed two Great Horned owls doing exactly that hopping, flying to low branches in trees and the fence and walking about for about 45 minutes. They were flying right overhead, it was really a great viewing. I felt privileged to be able to watch it for so long.
Jack Carroll
Centreville, Va