Re: [Va-bird] Snowy owl(s) at Chincoteague

  • From: Barbara Houston <rinksyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bird VA <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 14:27:38 -0500

I finally got my real photo site working and have loaded more pics from our trip on Thursday.
From what I have heard, no owls yesterday or today, so I am feeling really fortunate to have seen three!

http://fynefoto.phanfare.com/6336563#imageID=205325905

Barbara

Barbara Houston wrote:

I posted this morning, but it is not showing up...lost in cyber space somewhere I guess.

Yes....multiples!! We went yesterday morning and after a very stressful trip over were rewarded with three snowy owls down at the beach. Two looked to be younger owls and one larger adult. These were such a beautiful bird to see! It was a first for both Lynda and I and we took tons of pictures.

I just upgraded my computer and am having issues getting things to work, so I have stuck a couple here for now:
http://public.fotki.com/bhouston/miscellaneous/20131226-snowy/?view=roll#1
(Let me know if this is not working)

In talking with one of the park rangers, this was the first time for three. They had seen two previously.

There were a large number of snow geese as well. We didn't stay until the loop opened as we were tired of our treks down the beach and getting up at 4am.....

It was an awesome day!!

Barbara Houston
New Kent, VA

---

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection
is active.