[va-bird] Re: Purple Finches

  • From: Bonnie Duda <Bonnie.Duda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Va (E-mail)" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:12:30 -0400

Upon advise from another member I contacted a wildlife rehabilitator in our area who said she would treat any diseased Purple Finches that I take to her.

I forgot to mention important members of our bird family, the Cardinal, the Robin and the Tufted Titmouse. The Cardinals are indeed like family to us, and one female Robin spent a good part of one day trying to fly through 2 different windows of our house, apparently suffering no ill affects. The lighting must have been such that the reflection perfectly duplicated the outside view for her. The Cardinals often do the same, but not as persistently as this one Robin. It may also be that they are battling their own reflections.

Bonnie Duda
Winchester (Gainesboro/Siler)