[va-bird] Re: Possible Barrow's Goldeneye 26 Feb 2006

  • From: jfox <jjfoxfox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ericskrz@xxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:43:57 -0500

It's hard to see anything wrong about it being a f Barrow's Goldeneye, not that I have a scintilla of experience with the duck. Any one? It's supposed to be around 20F with light winds in the morning. At the Zoo. Beats the hell out of driving to Massachussettes. Thanks for posting this, Eric, nice shots!

John Fox
Arlington

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:15:43 -0500, Eric Skrzypczak <ericskrz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was at the national Zoo today attempting to photograph wild ducks that were using the water ponds. I got one photo that appeared in retrospect to be a possible Barrow's Goldeneye. Would someone please help confirm or debunk this photograph. I compared the photo to Sibleys and used the All about birds at this link:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/programs/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Barrows_Goldeneye.html

My photos are located at:

http://www.wildlifehobbies.com/SearchResults.asp?WildID=136

There are two photos.  Simply click next to view the second photograph.

This photo was taken in a small pond near the beavers across and to the left from the Eagle exhibit.

Thanks,

Eric Skrzypczak

--
Using Opera's  !@%$#%@  e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/