[va-bird] Meadowlark Gardens

  • From: Allen Hart <hartal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:41:22 -0500

I got to Meadowlark Gardens at lunch on Tuesday. It was a nice day for a walk and the birds were pretty active.

I saw Eastern Bluebird, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Dark-eyed Juncos, and an immature Cooper's Hawk.

I got a few pictures you can see in the new pictures section of my web gallery:

   http://www.techsolvers.com/WebGallery/pages/new_index.htm

For those who are not familiar with Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, here is a link to thier website:

   http://www.nvrpa.org/meadowlark.html

If you live in the Northern Virginia area and you have not been to Meadowlark, it is a great place to visit.

-- allen hart
-- Herndon, VA