[va-bird] Kiptopeke banding 1-3 Oct.: the number is 22

  • From: Jethrorunco@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:59:30 EDT

Howdy all,
The last three days of banding has been very ... umm...interesting. And even.
 We banded exactly 22 birds each day of October so far. I really hope this
does not hold true for the rest of the month!  This weekend we had over 150
people pass through the banding station and only had 44 birds during that time.
Argh! Anyway, today was all about the same.
During the last three days we really didn't catch anything that was to
unusual. Maybe we will catch something good next weekend for the birding
festival!!

Here is the totals for the last three days.

10/1:
Magnolia Warbler         1
Black-throated Blue      2
C. Yellowthroat            2
House Wren                1
Swainson's Thrush       1
Gray Catbird               13
Brown Thrasher            1
Yellow-billed Cuckoo     1
TOTAL --------------------   22

10/2:
C. Yellowthroat             4
Western Palm Warbler   1
Ovenbird                       1
Swamp Sparrow            1       first of the season
Indigo Bunting                5
Red-eyed Vireo              1
Gray-cheeked Thrush     1
Swainson's Thrush         2
Gray Catbird                  4
N. Mockingbird               1
Brown Thrasher              1
TOTAL ------------------------  22

10/3:
A. Redstart                     1
Nashville Warbler             1
Black-and-white               1
C. Yellowthroat                2
White-eyed Vireo             1
Red-eyed Vireo                2
Indigo Bunting                  3
Carolina Wren                  1
Swainson's Thrush            2
Gray Catbird                     6
Brown Thrasher                1
Sharp-shinned Hawk        1

My only goal for tomorrow is to catch more than 22 bird. Of course a
Connecticut Warbler would be nice!

Cheers,
Jethro Runco