[va-bird] Kiptopeke banding 10/14:Cape May Warbler, Wood Thrush

  • From: Jethrorunco@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:41:22 EDT

Howdy all,
Once again, heavy drizzle this morning made netting quite difficult. We had
to close nets by 8am but were able to reopen the nets at 9:15 only to close
them again at 11:30. We called it a day at that point. We did manage to catch a
few nice birds however. We caught our first CAPE MAY WARBLER of the season. We
also caught our third WOOD THRUSH of the season as well. But once again, GRAY
CATBIRDS were the most numerous bird this morning.
Hopefully all this drizzle will move out tomorrow and we might actually be
able to run our nets all day and catch a few more birds! There was quite a bit
around this morning, just bad netting conditions!

Here's the total for the day 10/14:

A. Redstart                       6
Magnolia                           2
Black-throated Blue          16
Western Palm                   1
C. Yellowthroat                  4
Cape May                         1         first of the season
Black-and-white                 1
N. Waterthrush                  1
Swainson's Thrush             2
Wood Thrush                     1