[va-bird] Killdeer celebrating

  • From: "P R Mocko" <paulbirds19@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:37:55 -0400

Va-Birders,

I wonder what the Killdeer (that I suspect nest on the roof of Langley High School in McLean VA) think about the unusual activity on July 4th in their territory. Usually there are two or three joggers on a summer night. Tonight there were hundreds of people and fireworks. I could hear their calls (the Killdeer) right until the first boom.

Happy birthday USA,

Paul Mocko
McLean, VA

(Again, please excuse the posts of commonly seen birds. Still tracking the sporadic listserv outages)