[va-bird] Huge Grackle Flock!!!

  • From: "Brett Scheffers" <schefbr0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:48:34 -0500

There is one of the largest flocks of grackles (maybe mixed species) that I have ever seen that has been coming to roost (10/24-10/26) at approx. 6 pm near the bridge located around mile marker 111 on I-64 west near Charlottesville. I would say that there are several hundred maybe even thousands of birds. I am going to hopefully take video of this flock some time this week. If you are careful you can pull over to the side of the road to watch.

~Brett Scheffers