[va-bird] Gloucester sightings, bluebirds hatched

  • From: Dave Hewitt <dhewitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:47:40 -0400

Folks,
On Saturday we had our first WHITE-EYED VIREO in our yard, singing loudly. Also, for the first time since we have lived here, two YELLOW PALM WARBLERS foraged around in the yard.
On Sunday, I checked in on our four bluebird eggs and they are now young 'uns. If this is the same pair as last year they have improved. Last year the first clutch only yielded 2/4 hatching success.
  This morning a HERMIT THRUSH was singing in the woods.

Dave Hewitt
Gloucester, VA