[va-bird] [Fwd: [MDOSPREY] Neotropic Cormorant Meanderings]

  • From: Susan Heath <sheath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: VA Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:26:14 -0400

The golf course referred to here is the Lowes Island Club. It's private darn it. But the bird is definitely coming into VA.

Sue

The Neo was on the log in the middle of the river when I arrived at about 11:30 this morning. Just before noon it got up, flew a bit upstream with two DCs then curved left over the trees and seemed to drop down somewhere on the golf course property. Perhaps there is a pond over there. Note that it flew into V------a, for you "other state" listers, one of whom arrived as George Jett and I were leaving. I hope he catches its return flight.
Paul O'Brien
Rockville, Mont. Co., MD

--
Susan A. Heath
George Mason University

Secretary, Virginia Avian Records Committee
Keeper, Virginia Comp List at www.virginiabirding.org