[va-bird] FW: neotropic cormorant

  • From: Susan Heath <sheath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: VA Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:52:50 -0500

Apparently the neotropic cormorant was seen from Riverbend Park in Fairfax County on Sunday afternoon. Alas, the bird was still in Maryland.

From:    "Dave Young" <dyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: neotropic cormorant
Date:    Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:15:12 +0000

I was on the Virginia side of the river at Riverbend Park, Va.
at about 4:30pm Sunday when 12 Double Crested Cormorants landed on the river. One of the Cormorants appeared smaller so I went back and got my scope and indeed one was the Neotropic. I stayed until dusk observing it for an hour.

--
Susan A. Heath
George Mason University

Secretary, Virginia Avian Records Committee
Keeper, Virginia Comp List at www.virginiabirding.org