[va-bird] Eight Warblers and Scarlet Tanager at Monticello Park, Alexandria

  • From: Paula Sullivan <paula.sullivan2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA-Bird <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:57:34 -0400

VA-Birders,

Things really began to pick up yesterday at Monticello Park in Alexandria, with a few additional species apparently arriving overnight. The list below includes a few FOS (first of season) birds for me and likely for the park. I was joined for part of the 3 hours I was there by Paul Kane.

Birds of interest were:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  3
BG Gnatcatcher  2
Hermit Thrush 2