[va-bird] Cattle Egret(S) - Gloucester

  • From: Dave Hewitt <dhewitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:33:30 -0400

On the way home yesterday (Wed, 4/12) at 1710 I stopped to observe two CATTLE EGRETS in the same location that I observed the one yesterday morning. Both were in breeding plumage and were foraging around in a farm field.

I checked VA-Bird archives and apparently they show up in the state every year a few times, but this appears to be the first this year. (Go Gloucester!)

Dave Hewitt
Gloucester, VA