[va-bird] CBBT

  • From: jfox <jjfoxfox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:23:15 -0500

Well, we've had half a year under the new rules, and I'm sure that most people are as disappointed and discouraged as I am. I understand that they are going to review the situation this month so we should at least talk about it.

Several drafts of this email, over the months, have been pretty crappy but time is running out so here goes.

First, the inscrutable "security" issue smells way too much like "Father Knows Best" to me. Father is sometimes marginally functional, speaking allegorically, and still playing his role. When he won't even talk to you is when he's most worrisome.

Second, freedom in the abstact is meaningless. The only freedoms that exist are those that can be excercised. And freedom is what has made America the special country that it is. I can only hope that the CBBT administration will come to see that letting us freely bird the islands is something worth fighting for, that keeping this small freedom alive makes this country greater and makes us better than the people who attacked us.

Surely the minor nuisance of checking letters and IDs is too small a burden on the CBBT police force that we forsake our heritage of freedom. Please, please, please, reconsider these rules. We're a small group, but nobody loves the CBBT more than us!!!

John Fox
Arlington

--
Using Opera's  !@%$#%@  e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/