[va-bird] Birding in Florida, May 4-7 - Help?

  • From: Dave Hewitt <dhewitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:57:49 -0400

Folks,
I forgot to tag this on to the end of my earlier post... I am going to Vero Beach, Florida on May 4-7 and wondered if anyone had good experience with bird hotspots in that area. I will be time limited on searching, but wanted to get out for birds a little while I am there. I am flying in to West Palm Beach, so a quick stop near there is possible. Birds I was most interested in, other than warbler hotspots, are (I know some of them are long shots):

Magnificent Frigatebird
Least Bittern
Whistling-Ducks
Snail Kite