[va-bird] Bald eagle

  • From: William Minor <senexva@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Va-bird <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:38:09 -0500

While I was driving south this morning on Route 29 near the Fontaine exit to Charlottesvile
I saw an adult Bald eagle swoop down over the tree tops and pick up road- kill . probably a squirrel .
that was less than three feet from the edge of the road bed on my side . As I approached at ca. 55 mph. the
eagle swerved upward, dropping the road- kill , and climbed over the trees on the other side of the road .
It's all-white head and tail were quite evident .

Maureen Minor
Charlottesville , VA