[v-webmail] works on one server not on another???

  • From: DrTebi <drtebi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 20:14:09 +0200

Hello,
I have two servers, one for development, one production server. They are
almost exactly identical, even the hardware. I am running Gentoo Linux 1.4,
Qmail, vpopmail, Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.3.1.

Installing v-popmail on the dev. server worked fine, I could login, read my
emails via pop3 (it actually connected to the production server to read
emails, the dev. server has no email installed), everything worked just as
expected.

So I finally installed v-webmail the exact same way on the production server.
I did not get any kind of PHP error whatsoever, and the login page pops up
fine.
However, once I put in my username, password etc. and click on login, the
connection dies! I have no clue why, I tried changing the config files around
a hundred times, but there is no PHP error generated, the only error I get is
in the apache error log like so:
[Fri May 23 10:55:31 2003] [notice] child pid 17664 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

and in my /tmp folder I see there are some 0 bytes files which look like
"dead" php files, e.g. _23ytsihJHUu.wrk and a bunch of session files.

I am getting frustrated :( Does anybody have a clue what is going on here?

Thanks for any help in advance,
DrTebi