[v-webmail] Re: problems reconfiguring login for v-webmail

  • From: "Joshua Broussard" <jbroussard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:35:38 -0800

Well, it seems I have solved my own dilemma! The included is how I
accomplished it, just in case anyone needs to do something similar.

1. Copied include/hooks.php to include/local.hooks.php to preserve =
original

2. In include/local.hooks.php modified function
hook_usernameLookup($username, %password) as follows

function hook_usernameLookup($username, $password)
{
        $_users[$username] =3D $username . "%domain.com"; //Added this hook
        $_users['publicj'] =3D 'actualusername_1';
        $_users['foobar']  =3D 'actualusername_2';

        if (!empty($_users[$username])) {
                return array($_users[$username], $password);
        } else {
                return array($username, $password);
        }
}

3. In htdocs/login.php modified line 116 from

$SESSION['userprefs']['settings']['email_address'] =3D
@$HOSTINFO['username_is_email'] ? $SESSION['email']['user'] :
$SESSION['email']['user'] . '@' . $domain;

-to-

$SESSION['userprefs']['settings']['email_address'] =3D
@$HOSTINFO['username_is_email'] ? ereg_replace('%', '@',
$SESSION['email']['user']) : $SESSION['email']['user'] . '@' . $domain;

hope this helps someone else also!
R/Joshua