[v-webmail] new mail that arrives in a folder

  • From: "Gary Richardson" <gpr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:05:33 -0400

Hi everyone,

I use v-webmail as my web email reader. On the backend I'm running the latest
sendmail combined with spamassassin/procmail to filter out spam messages.
Spamassassin gives me the option to dump probable spam messages in to a folder
other than INBOX. Nice way to keep the junk out of the inbox.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to get v-webmail to look in this folder to
determine if there are new messages. I don't think v-webmail comes with any
sort of notify function (i.e. popup window, bold/italics the INBOX folder
name, etc...). Has anyone modified the code to do this? If so, I'd love to
give it a try myself.

If official development ever starts up on v-webmail again, that's one of two
features I'd love to see added. The other is the ability to move/copy a
message to a folder while viewing the message, instead of having to go back to
the message list view, checking off message(s) and selecting a folder to
move/copy them to.

Thanks all,

-Gary