[v-webmail] Re: V-webmail development

  • From: "Mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:28:23 -0700

Welcome back!

My suggestions are: An option to display attached images/inline. Squirrelmail
does this and I've
had many users request it.

More importantly though.. for us with lots of sub folders... an option so that
if there's a new
email inside of an unexpanded sub folder that it be automatically expanded so
that we can
visually see there's a new message in that folder.

Also that in addition to folder(#msg) it could be highlighted in bold...

There are some minor bugs with the address book import.. if you import a CSV it
appends "" around
every name and switches firstname/lastname (no matter what order you selectthe
fields during
import..)

And of course the most common problem is that when users first login they need
to select an email
in their profile (I don't want to auto build email addresses...)

It would be nice to have an option that takes new users to their profile page
asking them to
setup their profile.

I can't believe I've thought of these things..v-webmail rocks! Thanks for
making it.

Mark

"rheyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rheyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Back from the dead=2E Well, close - HMS Raleigh=2E Having completed Navy b=
> asic
> training I now have a little more time on my hands, which means developmen=
> of V-webmail will resume, albeit very slowly, (and still no time for
> support I'm afraid)=2E No plans as yet on what to do, but message caching =
> of
> some variety is probably going to be quite prominent to enable a kind of
> "offline" mode=2E Any suggestions are welcome=2E Please post to the list
> though, and not direct to me, so others can comment too=2E
>
> --=20
> Richard Heyes
> Air Engineer Artificer ;)

> http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E