[v-webmail] V-webmail Final

  • From: "Richard Heyes" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:30:16 +0100

Ok so I've finished adding the last features to V-webmail 1.5.0 that I want
and have had time for. This means the version available now will most likely
be the last. The new features are:

 o Drag n Drop support
   Now you can drag messages from the message list to a folder in the
   left folder frame to move it. This feature requires IE5+. This is
   in my opinion a big plus for usability. It behaves much like
   dragging in Windows Explorer, eg. you can right drag (use right
   mouse button instead of left) and get a context menu (IE5.5+ only)
   and also you can hover mid drag over an unexpanded folder and it
   will after a few seconds auto expand for you. Full information
   in the help section.

 o Blacklists
   In an attempt to provide some spam/junk protection I've added
   the ability to blacklist addresses and subject phrases. This
   feature uses IMAP searching so over use can cause performance
   issues (and thus it can be disabled).

 o Addressbook enhancements
   The ability to store more information with an entry including
   multiple addresses, telephone numbers, an address, notes, and
   entries can be categorised (separate to groups). Also import
   and export facilities are now present.

 o Context menus
   These have been added to, and there are now more available, as
   well as pre-existing ones being utilised more. Again, full
   information on these in the help section.

 o I18N
   The i18n method has been slightly altered, which should result in
   a slight performance boost for the English version as an English
   phrase file is no longer loaded, and also easier translations
   for everyone else.

Enjoy, and thanks for the support. I'll be around for a few more weeks, but
after that I doubt I'll be checking my mail at all regularly, (horrors of
basic training!).

--
Richard Heyes