[v-webmail] SV: Performance of V-Webmail vs Yahoo! Mail

  • From: "Jonas Andersson" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:55:15 +0200

Hi, one thing to do to speed thing up is to actually not use PHP, PHP is
very slow in handling files, a suggestion would be sQWebMail
(www.inter7.com)

But if u still use PHP (wish is very god except filhandling), I use
PHPEdit (www.phpedit.net)

That's all from me :)

//Jonas

John Pang wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to setup a webmail for my users
and would like to check with you what sort of hardware
do you use?

I noticed that when using Yahoo! Mail, it appears to
have pretty fast response when navigating and reading
emails despite it not being on my local LAN and having
a huge ton of users. But when running V-Webmail on my
local LAN on a P3 1.26Ghz machine, it *seems* to be a
little draggy with only one user (currently me testing
out).

Does anyone have any experience or suggestion on how
to squeeze out the most performance?

BTW, any idea if HTML editor will be supported in time
to come instead of just plain text composition?

Thanks and best regards,