[v-webmail] Re: RE : Can I use v-webmail to connect to remote email servers?

  • From: "David Collantes" <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Gilles Levesque" <glevesque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:38:45 -0400

> I Don't know for yahoo but witch pop or imap server will you supply to
> connect to Hotmail?
>
> Can I use v-webmail to connect to remote email servers?  For example, to
> check mail on my Yahoo or Hotmail account?

No, you can not use v-webmail to accesss your Yahoo or Hotmail accounts
(is anyone using those free accounts for anything serious?).

There is a problem, whether on Apache, PHP, v-webmail or a library that
makes v-webmail unusable on RH7.3/8.0 systems (the one's I have at hand to
test). It seems to be related to sessions and authentication, but that is
just guessing. Falling back to Squirrelmail... sorry. Love the way
v-webmail looks, just does not works under my current configuration.

Cheers,

--
David