[v-webmail] Re: Problem with the .htaccess and the session functions in the /htdocs folder

  • From: "JB" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 06:01:26 -0700 (PDT)

If you can't enable "AllowOverride FileInfo" in your Apache config,
you may be able to make the changes using ini_set,
http://php.net/ini_set.

register_globals will not work with ini_set, but that should not matter.

~jb

> Hi all,
>
> I thoroughly tested v-webmail on my local W2k box (easy PHP) and had
> no problems at all, it works like a dream and seems much better than
> many other packages out there.
>
> But when I installed it on my webserver (shared - apache
> Apache/1.3.27 - PHP 4.3.0) I get a 500 internal server error when
> calling the htdocs folder. So I took the 2 lines :
>
> php_flag session.auto_start Off
> php_flag register_globals Off
>
> out of the htdocs/.htaccess file and no longer the 500 error, but
> v-webmail no longer works !! I can't login into any account..
>
> So I figure that there's some conflict between my webserver / the
> .htaccessfile and these two commands.
>
> Is there anyway to make v-webmail work without these commands ? Or
> has anyone found a workaround to this ?
>
> Thanks in advance, I'd love to get v-webmail up and running !!
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve
>
> --

Commerce Guard,           http://www.commerce-guard.com
227 NW 5th Street                          541.472.9788
Grants Pass, OR 97526           info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx