[v-webmail] Problem with the .htaccess and the session functions in the /htdocs folder

  • From: "Steve Shalloe" <steve@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:30:09 +0200

Hi all,

I thoroughly tested v-webmail on my local W2k box (easy PHP) and had no
problems at all, it works like a dream and seems much better than many other
packages out there.

But when I installed it on my webserver (shared - apache Apache/1.3.27 - PHP
4.3.0) I get a 500 internal server error when calling the htdocs folder. So
I took the 2 lines :

php_flag session.auto_start Off
php_flag register_globals Off

out of the htdocs/.htaccess file and no longer the 500 error, but v-webmail
no longer works !! I can't login into any account..

So I figure that there's some conflict between my webserver / the
.htaccessfile and these two commands.

Is there anyway to make v-webmail work without these commands ? Or has
anyone found a workaround to this ?

Thanks in advance, I'd love to get v-webmail up and running !!

Cheers

Steve