[v-webmail] Re: Please help me PHP programmers!!!

  • From: Mark <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:25:58 -0800

Now what would be really great (for larger services that have
hundreds or thousands of domains) is an option that lets me set a
list of "allowed" mx's..

The user can just type in their email@address, it'll check
the primary mx for the domain, if it's allowed it'll use it as the
imap server.

This way the user is never bothered with the "server" drop-down.

Now that I'm thinking of it.. might be pretty easy with getmxrr() &
few lines in login.php

-M

"Michael Schwarz" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> chrisz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
>
> > I know what he's asking for. On many hosted web services, in
order to login=
> > your email account, you need to enter your entire email address
for your
> > username. He would like to modify V-webmail to automatically
conjugate his
> > username with the domain automatically.
> >
> > For example, I have to enter "chrisz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for my
username. =
> > If
> > I modified V-webmail to do what he wants to do, I would simply
type "chrisz=
> > "
> > and select smartautomation.com as the server I want to login to,
and V-webm=
> > ail
> > would conjugate "chrisz", "@", and "smartautomation.com"
automatically and =
> > log
> > me in. That is a great idea! I would like to do the same thing.
If I have
> > time, I'll look into it as well.
> >
> > Have fun!
> > Chris
> >
> This future is an option in the config of v-webmail.
> Check the configs+manual again.
>
> Bye
> Michael

__