[v-webmail] MySQL and V-webmail?

  • From: "Travis Gassmann" <JollyWG@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:23:52 -0500

I have v-webmail working, but now I need to store my user information in
a MySQL database.

I want to know if I need to create a new database or use the main MySQL
database, when adding the table.

Here are the instructions from the user manual:

CREATE TABLE userprefs (
  userprefs_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  userprefs_host varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  userprefs_user varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
  userprefs_data text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (userprefs_id),
  UNIQUE KEY host_user (userprefs_host,userprefs_user)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Also, I wanted to know about user creation.  Can I create a user from a
*.php script and have it make an entry into MySQL Database and make a
mail directory for them, without them having a user account on the local
machine?

Thanks
Travis